Lessons Learned from the Developmental Math Lab
Because of the large student population, NOVA started the new developmental math redesign on full scale in fall 2011. The traditional classrooms were turned into high tech learning labs that welcomed students into a new learning culture. This webinar will discuss the challenges first faced with the new concept of instruction, promising practices to help the student and instructor, and successes of this new program.
To view the associated learning objects, click here.
The key is as follows:
In the document labeled NVCC.MTH.120217.Serbousek.Dear StudentsEmail MTT 4 16week ALL MTT 1 2 and 3.docx, the following information is contained:
- NVCC = coming from Northern Virginia Community College
- MTH = pertaining to developmental mathematics
- 120217 = the date it was recorded (12=2012, 02=February, 17= the date)
- Serbousek = the author’s last name
- Dear StudentsEmail MTT 4 16week ALL MTT 1 2 and 3 = the exact title of the document
- docx = a docx file
Developmental Education Professional Development - Home